Give your porch, veranda or deck that professionally finished look.
Add the finishing touches to your project with deck skirt boards, a drip rail and lattice panels.
The screened lattice panels prevent wasps and other insects from nesting under your deck. And the attached heavy duty landscape fabric will keep the weeds from taking over.
These plans also include:
- how to install vinyl soffit and aluminum fascia
- facing structural beams with plywood
- tips on ceiling installation
- making a simple finish trim moulding.
Skirt Boards and Drip Rail
There are a couple of reasons for adding the skirt boards and drip rail.
- The pressure treated structural components of the deck and fasteners are just that – structural. No amount of paint will cover screw and nail heads, joist hangers, rosebuds from hammers, or the nicks and gouges that occur during construction.
- Besides adding an appropriate architectural detail, the Drip Rail provides a "cap" for the lattice panels below, allowing them to step out slightly from the deck, providing visual "mass" to the foundation of the entire structure.
Lattice Panels serve a few useful functions:
- They keep unwanted critters from setting up housekeeping under your porch or deck.
- They allow air to circulate, minimizing moisture accumulation which will damage the structural framing.
- They help to visually anchor the structure to landscape
Fascia & Soffit
Although our house is over 100 years old it’s not a "preservation" project. The house had vinyl siding added in the 1970’s which is still in good condition. I used pre-formed 6" high aluminum fascia and perforated vinyl soffit on the porch to match the main structure. Installation details are included in these plans.
Our How to Build Porch Skirting, Soffits & Fascias woodworking plans include detailed diagrams and colour photographs, a materials and hardware list, and complete step-by-step instructions — all in a 17-page printable PDF file that you won’t find anywhere else.
(To check out the quality of the printable document you’ll get with Stonehaven woodworking plans, click on the small picture at right to download a FREE sample page.)
Buy Now — Securely and Conveniently — and Download Your Plans Instantly
These Stonehaven How to Build Porch Skirting, Soffits & Fascias – woodworking plans are available for US $8.00 (plus GST/HST in Canada) — with secure online payment and instant delivery. Plans are supplied in printable PDF format.
Complete your project with these Stonehaven companion plans.
– Build No-Sag Gates for your Porch or Deck
– perfect for keeping your pooch on the porch